Welcome to the New Westminster & District Labour Council website.
The New Westminster & District Labour Council (NWDLC) is a community-based central labour organization representing trade union members at the local level. We are a chartered organization of the Canadian Labour Congress, Canada’s national voice for workers and their families.
Our goal is to ensure that our communities and our elected representatives at all levels of government in Canada respond to the needs of people and families.
Your Path to Political Leadership 2023
For delegates and friends identifying as women or non-binary
EVENT ANNOUNCEMENTS | Saturday, April 15
Registration Now Open! Coming together for the third consecutive Spring with an ongoing commitment for the change we wish to be.
Event registration now open. $49 for this morning event that includes a light breakfast buffet, coffee & networking, mini-keynote speakers, a powerful panel discussion, and facilitate small-group discussions. It’s going to be memorable and meaningful. If you require assistance with event registration costs, please DM PowHERhouse. Participant discounts are available.
This information morning of networking, discussion and mentorship will be led by our partners at PowHERhouse and feature union and political leaders including BC Federation of Labour President Sussanne Skidmore! More information coming soon!
First Steps forward on Your Path to Political Leadership begins May 6, 2023.
Designed for those looking to become future political champions in the next one to five years by those who have been there with input from those leading in politics at this time.
First Steps is an interactive group cohort experience from May 6 until the end of June, effectively designed for full schedules and dedicated to building diversity for a brighter future in political leadership.
- Demystify the Political Process to find JOY in it! Setting a solid foundation to better understand what you are signing up for, how to be a conscious citizen, and why better decision-making is critical to becoming the ancestors now that future generations will be grateful for.
- Understand where you are now, what values you deeply care about, and who are the role models who inspire you and why.
- Find your most memorable voice to express YOU and what you stand for – clearly, confidently, and concisely.
- Vision a path forward from here; a runway approach matching your readiness with commitment, community, and connections. You don’t need to do this alone.
- An enriching group process that combines 24-7 online access with regular interactive sessions to walk through a meaningful cohort experience building on purpose and fulfilment without overwhelming already full schedules.
May 6th cohort registration for the 2023 session open now!!